Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Beautiful Weekend!

It's been a beautiful fall weekend in southeastern Wisconsin!  The temperature was great, skies were sunny, and the trees are all turning.  This is a very pretty time of year here. I had great plans for the weekend, but scrapped most of them to sit on the deck and stitch and read instead.  We won't get too many more of these weekends before the snow flies, so I have to strike while the iron's hot.

 I finished my May banner...

and my June banner.  I'm slowly getting caught up, but now I'm skipping a few months to work on October's banner.  My geraniums on the deck are still pretty, despite a few frosts lately.

All the blocks for Evelyn's Album (Block of the Week from Primitive Gatherings) are done, and waiting for the next step.  Since I'm #507 on the waiting list for a finishing kit, these will go into a box for a little while, I think!


And the freebie blocks from the summer are all stitched.  I have the finishing kit for these, so plan to work on getting this together next.

The house is decorated for Halloween.  I got out one of my favorite quilts.

This is Pumpkin Crazy, from one of the Need'l Love books a few years ago.  I've always loved purple, green and orange for Halloween.   A store in town had kits for this quilt, with hand-dyed flannels for the pumpkins and leaves.  The crazy stitches are by hand, and I machine quilted it on my domestic machine. 

 Holly enjoyed some deck time this weekend, too!


1 comment:

  1. boy you have been busy,lovely projects kathy.xx

    ReplyDelete