Sunday, May 29, 2022

Hands 2 Help 2022

Another year has flown by!  It's time for a quick update to show you the quilts I sent to Hands2Help this year.

The first quilt was a Card Trick pattern made with an older Sandy Gervais line of fabric.  I loved this line - it reminds me of the Caribbean with all the corals and turquoise!


This was a nice lap size and went to Em's Scrapbag for Happy Chemo.

The second quilt was made from 9-patch blocks and an assortment of scraps. It's a nice long lap size and would be great for a tall person.  This quilt was a collaboration - my friend Donna from Brynwood Needleworks provided a pretty green backing for this quilt.

This quilt also went to Happy Chemo.

Last year, Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts gave all the Hands2Help participants one of her patterns as a thank-you for helping.  I chose Hello Foxy and got him made.  He is just so cute and was so quick and fun to make - I think this may be one of my go-to donation quilt patterns.

Hello Foxy will get put in the donation closet as a head start for next year's Hands2Help.  Since postage is so expensive, I wanted to wait until I could send a few together to one place.  I've got my eye on the camel pattern at Sew Fresh Quilts, so there may be more than one animal quilt done by next year!

So that's my update - two quilts sent this year, and a head start for next year.  I've enjoyed seeing all the wonderful quilts everyone has donated to Hands2Help this year!





No comments:

Post a Comment