Sunday, December 5, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

A church in our town makes Cathedral Mice all year round and sells them at Christmas.  One of our traditions is to add to our collection each year.  Yesterday was Mouse Pickup Day.  This church has been doing this for 49 years, but I've only been collecting for 18, so I have a little catching up to do.  This year's mouse was Keystone Cop, and I also added the Packer player and Patriot to my collection.  These mice are very meticulously made - it takes them about eight hours per mouse.

Here's a picture of the tree with all our mice

The tree is actually right side up - Blogger decided it looked better sideways, I guess!

Not too much has been happening on the sewing front.  I did spend a little time in the sewing room yesterday with my assistant, Skittles.  She was enjoying a sunbeam, which is rare this time of year.


She loves it there in my box of wool scraps!








1 comment:

  1. Well aren't those little mice darling!
    So may I ask how much your church makes doing this project and is it done by a group of women?
    Is there a way to buy one online?

    Lovely collection....do you know anyone that has all 49?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete