Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Finish, and a Good Start

Well, I can already see that I'm not going to be a daily blogger!  I think once a week will be more my speed.

Last weekend I had a finish - this spring Kathy Schmitz pillow.
It's now sitting happily in my easy chair in the sewing room.

And I got a good start on Wrapped in Paisley.  The blocks are all made and ready in their little stacks.
This has been a fun quilt to make, although some of the blocks have a lot of little pieces.  I haven't done this much piecing in a long time.  I'm looking forward to putting these together this weekend after the Christmas festivities wind down.

Tomorrow I have the day off, so I'm going to bake the Christmas cookies and put the finishing touches on everything.  Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy:
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt. I think it's going to be lovely. Congratulations on your finished needlework, too.

    Merry Christmas to your family from ours.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The pillow is gorgeous! It looks like so much work.
    Great quilt coming along. I look forward to seeing it together.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have that pillow to stitch, as well. It looks fabulous!

    Love your Wrapped in Paisley project.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your KS pillow! I have just finished Peace and Plenty and need to get it framed.....I love her patterns! Hope you are keeping warm - we are expecting 40C on New Years Eve...won't be venturing out in that I don't think.

    ReplyDelete