Sunday, May 21, 2017

Hands 2 Help 2017 Reveal

Well, another year has rushed past, and it's time to show our quilts!  This year, I made two quilts and will be sending them to Camp Hobe.

The first quilt is Fancy Fox.  These foxes are bigger than you think - each one finishes at 19 1/2 x 23 1/2.  That's a pretty big block!  I machine quilted it with a woodgrain design.  I hope some little boy will like these plaid foxes!  The wind was blowing when I took the picture.  The lower right fox looks like his left eye is too small.  Trust me - it's the same size as the other one.  The baseball backdrop I hang these on to take pictures is bent, so it bends the quilt at the bottom if the wind is blowing.  I love the glasses on the foxes - gives them a very studious look, don't you think?


The second quilt is also going to Camp Hobe.  This quilt was a mystery quilt I made at the Pieceful Gatherings retreat this March.  They have a neat way of using Snippets (pieces of fabric that are smaller than a fat quarter - I can't remember the exact size), which are then shuffled and cut.  The process is pretty fun, and this quilt is the result.  It's mostly primary colors and music prints, so I hope this goes to a child who appreciates music!  I quilted this on my friend's longarm, and am very happy with the way it turned out.  It should help to brighten someone's day.

Hope you enjoyed my quilts!  Thanks to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for putting together this opportunity for us to make quilts to donate.  I wanted to give a little shout-out to Inspired LED lights, too.  I won these last year after Hands 2 Help, and they are wonderful!  It's just a little strip you stick on above your machine bed, but what a difference they make!  I can really see what I'm doing now, and they aren't in the way like some lights.  If you need more light on your sewing, be sure to check them out.  I'm so happy they are donating again this year - I know some quilters are going to be very happy to win them.

5 comments:

  1. These look so cute, and I am glad you posted about the lights. I have been trying to win those and hope they will solve my lack of lighting issue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable foxes and also a lovely colourful quilt that I'm sure will brighten someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilts, Kathy! Thanks for being part of H2H2017!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun quilts for the Camp Hobe kids! I'm sure they will be well loved and greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing your time and talent, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your quilts Kathy. The foxes are cute as can be and the bright colors of your second one are sure to bring happiness!

    ReplyDelete