My quilt guild is having a paint chip challenge. The idea was that we each got a paint chip with three colors on it, and we have to make a project using only those three colors - no added background colors. For an extra twist, we got a piece of fabric we also had to incorporate, which may or may not have matched the paint chip.
Here's the paint chip and fabric I got:
First I made a modern quilt for Wisconsin cheerleader Barbie:
Vintage Barbie also needed a quilt:
The daughter of one of my coworkers got a Barbie dream house for
Christmas, so I think I'll give these quilts to her to furnish her house once
we're done showing them at our May guild dinner.
We are all revealing our projects at our January meeting, so it will be interesting to see what everyone did with their paint chips. They weren't all pink - that was luck of the draw. I was surprised how many pink fabrics I had in my stash, though.
This was my #10 item on my list, so the January UFO is done! I started these back in September or so, but they got put on the back burner over the holidays. This was a fun challenge - sometimes it's nice to be forced to go out of your comfort zone a little. This much pink is definitely out of my comfort zone.