Friday, July 5, 2013

July UFOs and Ten Things This Summer

Sherri at A Quilting Life has inspired me to think about and list Ten Things I want to do this summer, and Carrie at A Passion for Applique is encouring us to finish UFOs.  Several of the things I want to do are on both lists, so this is a dual-duty post.

For UFO finishes in July, I have four things in mind:

1.  Quilt this table topper pieced at summer camp.  I don't remember its name, but it is cute and I want to get it done and bound so I can enjoy it.

2.  Finish these Banners of the Month from last year.  I think these only need hanging sleeves, so 30 minutes should take care of these projects.  What is my problem and why aren't these done?

3.  Quilt My Favorite Things.  This was the free Block of the Week pattern from Primitive Gatherings last year.

4.  Quilt the Sampler Baskets quilt, also from camp.  This is basted and ready to go.

For the rest of my Summer of Fun, I have these projects in mind:
5.  Put together the Primitive Gatherings Block of the Week from a couple years ago.  Julie at Julie K Quilts inspired me to get this out and take another look at it.  I love these little blocks and they are all finished, so just need to be trimmed and put together.


6.  Catch up on this year's Block of the Week from Primitive Gatherings.  We are on Week 5 already, and you can see I only have two done, along with three of the freebie blocks.  I haven't trimmed anything yet, because I hate that part and save it for last.  I don't know if I'm putting the words on these or not.  I'll wait to see what the quilt looks like finished before I decide.  I really enjoy sitting on the deck in the summer and working on these, but those days haven't been plentiful this year.  Hopefully July and August will be less rainy so I can do that.

7.  Get the Bee in My Bonnet Row Quilt quilted.  Which leads me to...


8.  Start the Quilty Barn Along at Bee In My Bonnet.  I don't have pictures, since I haven't started it, but go to the link and you can see lots of cute blocks.  I love the tractor she did a couple weeks ago!

9.  Quilt HocusPocusVille.  This top has been done for quite awhile, but I've been too intimidated to start quilting it.  I've seen some finished quilts on blogs lately, so I need to dive in.
 
10.  At Country Sampler's Summer Camp, I was lucky enough to win this wonderful door prize - a fat quarter of Jeanne's entire line of American Spirit.  Each of the teachers also gave us door prizes, and the one from Paula Barnes was a pattern I plan to use with this beautiful line of fabric. 

11. OK, I have more than Ten Things, apparently.   Last but not least, get together with a few quilting friends.  One I will see in August, one in September, and one I could see theoretically anytime as we only live 20 minutes apart, but between jobs, families, outdoor work, etc., we just never seem to get together.  I'm making that a priority in July!

Thanks for the idea, Sherri!  Having a list helps me get things done.

9 comments:

  1. I had fun reading your list. I am going to try to think of 10 things I really want to do too. I am getting the BOW this year but they are all going in a basket for next year. I am trying to be good and just work on UFOs. So glad you linked up. Good luck with all your goals. I think you can definitely get those banners finished. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy:
    I can't wait to see what you've finished by the time we arrive in August!!! YAY!!! I'll be making all our campground reservations this upcoming week and can't wait to get down to counting the hours 'til I see you again.

    I have to send two quilts off to the long-arm next week (or asap), and I need to pull out the Primitive Gatherings BOM so I can start working on them. So much to do, so little time!


    I hope you have a restful and creative weekend, my friend. I'll see you before we know it! woo hoo!!!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I just got weeks 1-5 of the Primitive Gatherings block of the week today...guess I should have put that on my list! Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Bee in My Bonnet RXR. I started it but never finished and now I don't have the patterns.... I emailed the hostess but never heard back about pdf's of the patterns....
    Good luck finishing your projects!
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list! I love all the projects on it. And how cute are those banners of the month! Where did you get the pattern from? Good luck getting to all of those items. I think you're going to be awfully busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I love everyone of your projects that you are going to work on. Looks like you will be smiling from ear to ear all summer!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kathy,

    I like how you finished my favourite things from last year, inspires me to get my final blocks finished and get the together.
    I hoping my next four PG blocks arrive this week so I can get going on them.

    Great projects and great inspiration. I'll have to come and visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you started a UFO list to finish. I'm having a great time doing the same thing through Country Threads. In fact, I decided to do it again next year on my own. I have to finish one project a month and it's always fun to see which project number is drawn. You have great projects...good luck on finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kathy,
    thought I would stop by to see how your UFOs are coming along. Hope you are having a great month.

    ReplyDelete