I'm excited to make this blog post - I have lots of progress to show on my January UFOs!
I've been thinking my machine bindings could use some improvement, so I did the Sharon Schaumber glue thing on this quilt. The results were better, but still not wonderful. I think that's something that takes a little practice, too. I managed to get glue all over everything - this is obviously a technique that will require me to develop some glue skills!
So, anyway, this Column Quilt is done. It's a very happy looking quilt because of all the bright colors, so I think its name is going to be Happy Go Lucky. The pattern for this quilt is free here. I had originally planned to use this as a charity quilt, but I've gotten pretty attached to it with all the hours of quilting (!), so I think I'll make a smaller version to donate. This one is a twin bed size, which is usually a little big for charity quilts. A lap size would probably be better, and I still have plenty of these scraps to make another quilt.
I did a lot of FMQ practice on this one, too - that same starburst is in the sashing. I did some loops in the star/box part of the block, and some flowers and leaves in the outer borders. I'm happy with how this quilt turned out, and it used up a lot of 2 1/2" strips I've had forever. Our guild is having a scrap workshop on March, and I'm going to show them how to make this quilt and another Bonnie Hunter scrap quilt. The pattern for this quilt is also free on the Quiltville.com website. After the workshop, this will be a charity quilt.
Cleo and Me has an Annie for every month, so I may need to make some more of them.
So, that's my January UFO progress! I still need to make the little dresses for Nicaragua - that workshop is coming up next Saturday, so I will get going on that then. One thing about January in Wisconsin - it forces you to stay inside and tackle some quilting. Our snow mostly melted, but it's pretty cold here now, so it's nice to stay inside and sew.
Thanks for stopping by!