Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Finishing Frenzy

Three finishes this week - woo hoo - although I may look a little season-challenged.

The snowman clothesline is finished and packed away until next winter...

Easter eggs that were started last year were finished and put on display.

And a watermelon table mat that was started two years ago was finished.


Do you ever feel overwhelmed by your UFOs?  That is the way I've been feeling, so it feels good to get these three done.  I really like to start new projects, but sometimes (lots of times) lack the discipline to finish them.

Looking at my blog, you might think I never do much quilting, and just work with wool applique.  I do sew quite a bit, but lately I've been doing more handwork projects with wool.  I've joined a new group that meets at a church and it's just easier to take wool projects to that, so I've been getting some things done there.  It's a very nice group of ladies who meet and everyone works on their own stuff, while chatting and eating snacks.  What's not to like about that?

Winter is still hanging on here, but we are supposed to get up to 50 degrees this week.  Can't wait for that!  I'm ready for all the snow to go away for good.  Hope it's nice where you are!

6 comments:

  1. Love your finishes! Especially the watermelon mat! Perfect for summer. I'm looking forward to some daysin the 50s too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wool projects. Someday, I would like to try one. All of my current projects are pieced. We still have some snow on the ground but I am hoping it will be gone by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with your wool! I love working with wool and always have a project going. I'm hoping to get in a wool group here where I live that meets once a month. I'd love to know how you did those Easter Eggs! I have a similar snowman pattern but not the watermelon - it's wonderful too. Can you tell me where the pattern is from? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both the snowman and the watermelon mats. Late for the snowman and early for the watermelon! But you are prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your wool work is wonderful. I have just recently started working with wool and am thoroughly enjoying it. Congrats on the completing 3 UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your finished that snowman and clothesline has me in awe!
    this is just so cute, can you tell me what pattern you used, I need to make this one too!
    thanks
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete